Content Viewer

Online test booking service

This service allows you to book for your Driver Knowledge Test (DKT), Driving Test, Hazard Perception Test (HPT) or Driver Qualification Test (DQT).

For more information on each of these tests, go to Licence tests where you can download the handbooks and check your skills and knowledge on practice tests before taking the real thing.

For all the information you need to know about the NSW graduated licensing system go to Getting a licence.

We have become aware of a third party website offering to book licence tests online. In addition to the fee we charge, this site charges additional fees to book a test. Customers should note that we do not have any connection with other websites or services and we may be limited in the assistance we can provide if any difficulties are experienced when using them. We offer our own comprehensive online test booking service and recommend that you use the online test booking service provided by online services.

Book a test  Change or cancel a test 

Please call the Contact Centre on 13 22 13 or attend a registry or service centre to book any of the following tests as they cannot be booked online:

  • Aged, Deaf and Disabled driving tests
  • Instructor and Instructor Taking Impart Knowledge test
  • Short Manual driving tests
  • Motorcycle tests in undeclared areas

For interpreter assisted tests (does not include driving tests), please attend a registry or service centre in person to make a booking.

Please note: The current Motorcycle Licence Training and Testing Scheme does not currently meet the training and testing criteria for three-wheeled motorcycles.

Rider training is managed by rider training providers. If you have questions about declared area rider training and testing, please call your preferred rider training provider.

If you live in a declared area and want to book a pre-learner, pre-provisional course or Motorcycle Operators Skills Test, please call or visit the website of your preferred Rider Training Centre to make your booking.

Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA)

For LR, MR, HR, HC and MC licence classes you may choose to obtain your licence under Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment

For general information on heavy vehicle licensing go to How to get a heavy vehicle driver licence.

  • Change your address

    You can change your address online, by telephone or by visiting a motor registry.

    Change address

  • Site Requirements

    We are improving accessibility to online services for hand-held and mobile devices by upgrading its system. Until this system upgrade is complete, it is advised that online services be accessed by a desktop or laptop computer.

    Find out more

Content Viewer