Roads and Maritime Services accepts all major credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Diners Club) for registration renewal.
Important Information for AMEX card users: For customers making a payment via online services your AMEX credit card statement will show "RMS 00200 Internet & IVR".
Please note that for registration transfer, payment can only be made by credit card.
Eligible pensioners - while payment may not be required, eligible pensioners are still required to finalise their registration renewal by clicking the confirm button on the Confirm Details page of myRego. A receipt will appear once the processing is complete. If the receipt page does not appear please call 13 22 13.
Renewing your registration using BPAY
BPAY is a service that allows you to pay bills directly from your banks telephone banking or internet banking. You must allow at least 2-3 business days for Roads and Maritime Services to receive your BPAY payment.
Please read this Important Information. It will assist you in understanding Roads and Maritime Services' BPAY process.
Most vehicle registration renewals, using BPAY as your preferred payment option, require a two step process. This means that once you receive your renewal papers you need to:
- obtain your BPAY Biller Code and BPAY Customer Reference Number via myRego or
by telephoning 1300 360 782 then,
- visit your financial institution's internet or telephone banking to make a payment.
BPAY payments cannot be made through this website. BPAY is available at your bank via internet or phone banking.
Roads and Maritime Services' process is different to some other BPAY providers
Roads and Maritime Services' process is different to some other BPAY providers, where the BPAY Biller Code and BPAY Customer Reference Numbers are provided on the bill.
For a registration renewal, the BPAY Biller Code and the BPAY Customer Reference numbers cannot be issued until Roads and Maritime Services has received the CTP (greenslip) AND where appropriate an e-safety check. This is because a registration renewal cannot take place without the CTP (greenslip) and e-safety check. If you were to attempt this, the renewal will fail.
Here's how it works
How to Renew your Registration using BPAY:
- Firstly you will need to purchase a CTP greenslip (don't forget the period of CTP cover must match your choice of registration period 3, 6 or 12 monthly), and if required an e-safety inspection, which are sent electronically to Roads and Maritime Services.
- Once this is done, access myRego (clicking on renew your registration and accepting the terms and conditions) or phone 1300 360 782 to retrieve your BPAY Biller Code and BPAY Reference Number. At this stage you will be prompted to enter your Roads and Maritime Services Billing Number which is located in the yellow section of your registration renewal papers.
- Print or write down the BPAY Biller Code and BPAY Reference Number.
- Then go to your financial institution's internet or telephone banking to make a payment. You must allow 2-3 business days for your payment to be received by Roads and Maritime Services. The registration will not be renewed until Roads and Maritime Services receives full payment.
- Make sure you enter the BPAY details correctly before you confirm your payment, checking the BPAY Biller Code, BPAY Reference Number and total amount due.
Note: As details may vary each time you renew a registration you will have to repeat the process of retrieving a BPAY Biller Code and BPAY Reference Number.
Roads and Maritime Services Billing Number: a Roads and Maritime Services issued number printed on your Registration renewal certificate. The Billing Number (in most case's) can be located in the yellow section of the Registration Renewal certificate.
BPAY Biller Code: a BPAY code identifying the biller. Roads and Maritime Services will provide a BPAY biller code when registration prerequisites (CTP greenslip & e-Safety check) are met. This number is provided by you to your financial institution as part of the BPAY payment process.
BPAY Reference Number: a BPAY code used to identify the account to be paid. Roads and Maritime Services will provide a BPAY reference number when registration prerequisites (CTP greenslip & e-Safety Check) are met. This number is provided by you to your financial institution as part of the BPAY payment process.
Please write the receipt number issued to you by your financial institution on your registration certificate and display the new sticker on your vehicle. The help pages throughout the myRego application may assist you.
The two most asked questions
1. How do I get my BPAY details?
BPAY details are only provided following verification that all CTP and inspection requirements have been completed and recorded with Roads and Maritime Services if required.
Only light trailers not requiring a CTP greenslip and inspection will have their BPAY Biller Code and Reference Number printed on the renewal notice.
For vehicles that do not require inspection, customers can access the BPAY Biller Code and Reference Number via myRego or by telephoning automated services on 1300 360 782 following validation that CTP details have been received. When prompted, enter your Roads and Maritime Services Billing Number which is located in the yellow section of your registration renewal papers.
For vehicles that require inspection, customers will also be given BPAY Biller Code and Reference Number printed on their e-Safety Check slip if CTP details have already been received by Roads and Maritime Services. Customers can still obtain their BPAY details via myRego or IVR automated services following validation that CTP and e-Safety details were received. When prompted, enter your Billing Number which is located in the yellow section of your registration renewal papers.
Note: e-Safety Check stations that transmit details via phone will not provide BPAY details, however customers can obtain them via myRego or by telephoning automated services on 1300 360 782.
2. Does my Certificate of Registration contain BPAY Biller Code and Reference Numbers?
Only for light trailers that do not require a CTP greenslip, and are exempt from inspection. Other vehicles will get their Biller Code and Reference Numbers via their safety check report OR via myRego or by telephoning 1300 360 782 after CTP and safety check details are received electronically by Roads and Maritime Services.
For more information about BPAY, go to the BPAY website.